Through the ten poems in "Is It Okay for Girls to Slay Their Own Dragons?" ten fairytale princesses think and speak for themselves – and they invite readers to do the same.
Each of the poems is followed by some questions readers can:
- Think about and answer by writing in the book.
- Talk about with friends.
- Have a conversation about with a grownup. (In fairytales this is the wise old woman or fairy godmother who helps the princess on her journey.)
The questions encourage readers to think for themselves about things like:
- Is there ever a good reason to pretend to be something you're not?
- Can girls be just as good as boys at anything they set their mind to?
- Would the world be any different if women and girls always supported each other?
- What does it mean to be a powerful girl?